Home > About Us
Tornik LLC was formed in the late 1980's by its current owner, Ed Stephens. Stephens's goal was to provide added value wire processing services to its then partner company, a leading distributor of cable, wire and electronic components in Northeast New England. Within a matter of years, driven by the needs of its broad customer base, Tornik expanded to a full service, stand alone provider of cable and harness contract assembly services. But this was only the beginning.
Again responding to customer requirements, Tornik developed into a full service contract manufacturer with a product line including electromechanical assemblies and full box build manufacturing services. Tornik quickly expanded, developing its own customer base. By the late 1990's, driven by the opportunities opened by NAFTA and responding to the needs of its customers to more cost effectively manufacture products, Tornik established an offshore division -- EMS/Mexico.
In early 2006, the wire distribution company was acquired, and Tornik and its EMS/Mexico division were spun off as a stand alone company. Today, Tornik and EMS/Mexico are still led by founder Ed Stephens. Stronger than ever, this wire harness contract manufacturer company is a widely respected, international provider of contract assembly services.
To better serve our customers, Tornik and its EMS/Mexico division have the assets that make it the ideal solution for a growing list of well-regarded manufacturing companies:
- A strong, in-depth management team capable of responding to the rapidly evolving needs of the marketplace.
- An engineering staff that is unequaled among mid-size contract manufacturers and that can support every phase of the product development life cycle.
- Multiple locations including a Mexico production facility, just minutes from the U.S. border, which serves as a seamless extension of its U.S. operations, capable of efficient, low cost, high volume, medium volume and medium mix product output.
- 30 Years of Contract Manufacturing Experience
- 20 Years of Experience in Mexico
- Strong Management Team
- In Depth Engineering Services
- Privately Held LLC
- Financially integrated with TD Bank with secured borrowing power
- An ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 Registered Company.